The process of going through a divorce can be hard, but knowing what questions to ask can make the process a bit more manageable. It is important to find an attorney that works best for you and can be someone that you can trust to speak on your behalf.
The following are the top 10 questions to ask your lawyer:
- Do you focus solely on divorces, or are they one part of what your practice entails?
- How long have you been in practice and specifically handling divorce cases?
- What is the typical divorce process from start to finish?
- Do we have to go to Court or can we settle outside of Court?
- How long will it take for you to return my calls and emails?
- What is your pricing? How will you charge me?
- What other costs should I expect, such as for accountants, appraisers, valuation experts, physicians, psychologists, etc.?
- Do you allow me to negotiate with my spouse, directly?
- Can you offer any ways to help me reduce the cost of my divorce?
- Are you familiar with the judges that could be assigned to my divorce?
Jessica Hugabone Vinson is happy to answer these questions and any others you may have with regard to your divorce or family law matters. Feel free to contact us today to set up a consultation.