Jessica Backer Brand, Esq.
Jessica joined Vella, Carbone & Associates, LLP as an associate attorney. Jessica graduated from Bates College in Lewiston, Maine, with a Bachelor’s Degree, and received her law degree from Albany Law School, with a concentration in Family and Elder Law. She served as Managing Editor of Research and Writing on the Albany Law Journal of Science and Technology. She has extensive legal experience, having worked as Assistant Attorney General with the New York State Office of the Attorney General, in private practice in the fields of estate planning, elder law and environmental law, and in the non-for-profit sector. Jessica has presented at continuing legal education seminars on the topic of Kinship Law.
Jessica is actively involved in the community. She is a member of the board of the Bethlehem Central Community Foundation, she is the Fund Liaison to the Community Foundation of the Greater Capital Region, and is a member of the Advisory Committee of the Albany County Family Court Children’s Center.
- Albany Law School of Union University, Albany, New York
- Major: Family and Elder Law
- Bates College, Lewiston, Maine
- Major: Psychology
- New York, 1998
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York, 2002
- New York State Bar Association
- Estate Planning
- Elder Law
- Estate Administration
- Guardianship Practice
- Bethlehem Central Community Foundation, Board Member
- Member of the Advisory Committee of the Albany County Family Court Children’s Center
- Community Foundation of the Greater Capital Region, Fund Liaison
- Bates College, Alumni Interviewer
- Volunteer Attorney, US Committee for Refugees & Immigrants